A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Love Handles


I've always wanted a dog. I've never had a lifestyle that would be conducive to a four-legged companion--too much travel, tiny apartments, etc. When I do get a dog, though, I will get a pomeranian (or another lap dog) and I will name him (or her) Mr. Woofums. I will put on my seersucker suit and straw boater and walk Mr. Woofums through my neighborhood. My old next-door neighbor Lyndsy has an amazing standard poodle (HEY, Confetta!) that she used to dye pink. I used to walk Confetta through my (decidedly urban) neighborhood, where folks would always stop and ask me if she was born that way.

Dog ownership seems much more exciting and easy with products like the "Puppy Purse" out there. Witness the "Yummy Yeti" variety pictured above. There is an astounding variety of puppy purses available, including my favorites (other than the yeti one) Vera Wag Bridal, Midnight Rider, and "Ruffington Steele". The dog on the go doesn't need a bulky pet carrier when they can BECOME the carrier. Perhaps dogs can start evolving handles. If only Lyndon Johnson had a puppy purse for Him and Her, he could've avoided the political damage that came with picking them up by the ears.

LINK via Scout's Knitted Swag

1 Comments:

At 5/25/2007 12:19:00 PM, Anonymous How to lose love handles said...

I really love the pets Garth. I have tow pets, get lots of fun and happiness while I'm in their company

 

Post a Comment

<< Home