A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Friday, June 16, 2006

"Racy" Knitting


Damn! When I was in art school, I wasted all of my time making silkscreen prints of spam and lumpy pottery. British art student Lauren Porter is having none of that, however--she spent ten months knitting a Ferrari for a project at Bath Spa University, where she attends classes. The car, which is a cross between a Testarossa and a 355, is made of more than 250 square knitted squares. She's embellished it with some tasteful hand embroidery, and enjoys showing British grannies (not to mention curious fellas) what the ol' Ferrari's got.

LINK thanks, Betsy!

3 Comments:

At 6/17/2006 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

I guess that's about the only way I'll get a Ferrari...

 
At 6/18/2006 03:28:00 AM, Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

I can't believe what this girl did, this is more than amazing! I'm totally stunned - imagine all that work... and time... and... Wow!

 
At 6/18/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Claudia Assencao said...

WOW WOW WOW This is just amazing!!!! My gosh that would never cross my mind! It's so crazy lol and incredible at the same time!! WOW
Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home