A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Somebody Tuted!


Last year, Extreme Craft brought you some news about African telephone wire baskets--the beautiful, ephemeral, but totally played out items made of scrap wire. Now that every flea-bitten hippie store has their shelves fully stocked with them, discerning craft hipsters will have to turn where they usually do: The world of D.I.Y. Craftster user CBass has written this lovely tutorial on making your own collapsible baskets out of rolled-up magazine clippings. While I'm 100% behind these baskets, awed and amazed by them, I'm more than a little bit scared of the new "shortened" version of the word tutorial that the kids are using. Tute? Shudder. I forgive you, though. That's just the kind of person that I am.

LINK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home