A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

XC Hits PDX!


I've been awfully good lately...working, teaching, arting, and crafting, so it's no wonder that my karma seems to be doing okay (knock on wood). SPPPRRRRIIIINGGGGG BREEEEEAAAAAAKKKKK! I decided to spend my spring break this year in sunny Portland, Oregon. With a little financial assistance from my peeps at Columbus State University, I'm off tomorrow to attend the NCECA (National Conference for Education for the Ceramic Arts) Conference. It's going to be a clay geekfest, with dozens of exhibions, demonstrations, lectures, etc. Of particular interest to me is the Akio Takamori mid-career retrospective at the Art Gym. There is also a biennial invitational show at Lewis and Clark University where I am showing a piece.

Most excitingly, Microcosm Publishing, Portland zine distro extraordinaire is having its 10th Birthday Celebration! Join Microcosm at Liberty Hall from March 10-12 for D.I.Y. demos of all stripes, vegan birthday cake, and a giant slumber party. Sister Diane (of Craftypod Fame) just posted an interview with Joe Biel, founder of Microcosm. Did I srite something about karma earlier? It's going to be 49 degrees, rainy, and windy the whole time. I've been good, but obviously not that good.

LINK

1 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 01:18:00 PM, Anonymous 40mph_dan said...

"Sunny" Portland, Oregon??? I think you jinked yourself-- it snowed March 9th!

Great journal

DaN at 40mph in PDX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home