A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Hit me Baby!


Oh, Life. When I put a ring on my lady's finger last year, I sealed my fate and agreed, in principal, to eventual fatherhood. Daniel Edwards' new sculpture, "Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston" makes me want to step into the future and never look back. The sculpture, which depicts a nude Britney Spears giving birth to young Sean Preston on a bearskin rug, is on display from April 7th through 23rd at Kapla Kesting Fine Art in Brooklyn. Never has the joy of birth been so accurately and joyously brought to the attention of the art-loving public. Crowds will thrill to the sight of little Sean Preston's head "crowning" through Britney's "widened hips". Lactiferous breasts? Got 'em. Protruding navel? Check. The only thing missing is Kevin Federline accompanying the birth with a play-by-play in the form of a Portugese rap.

LINK via GoldenFiddle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home