A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Monday, January 09, 2006

MAKE+BACON+BLOGGIES


Weblogs are all abuzz this time of the year, soliciting votes for the Bloggies, which are the weblog equivalent of...the Teen Choice Awards, as far as I can tell. Seriously. Thank you to those of you out there who emailed me about your kind votes for Extreme Craft in the "craft" category. Many of my votes are going out to the craftgeek gods at MAKE magazine's weblog. I was evidently a very good boy, and got their MAKERS book (pictured above) in my stocking this year, and I've been obsessing about it ever since. For once, here's an informative book that focuses on the creators of projects that have been featured in MAKE. We get a peek behind the psyches of humans that create their own submarines, for Pete's sake. Each feature contains links to the Maker's website, which usually contains some D.I.Y. goodies. In short, MAKERS is all muscle...the fat and gristle have been trimmed away (presumably to cook in the bacon-cooking alarm clock profiled in the book). Do yourself a favor, and pick it up today! Oh yeah. Vote Extreme Craft.

LINK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home