A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

In Which I Dine on Humble Pie


It's no secret that I make some pretty mean macaroni art....it kind of runs in the family. I don't want to brag, but I try to strike just the right balance of art and science--I mean, I could go all Seurat, and neglect the spiritual side, but I want my macaroni masterpieces to grab the viewer by the soul. Just when I was thinking I was hot stuff, though, along comes somebody like Jason Mecier to prove that I ain't even turtlesh*t on melba toast. Mother, Mary of God! With a lifetime of struggle, I can only hope to be Salieri to Mecier's Mozart, no matter how hard I try. The angels breathe life into every Dukes of Hazzard clock that he makes out of beans. A Unicorn gets its wings every time he gets the shading on Freud's nose right in one of his pill portraits. Did I mention the pencil portraits? The candy? Despair, thy name is...um.....me. Sigh.

LINK via Screenhead

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 12:36:00 PM, Blogger ruth666 said...

The only thing better than seeing a jpeg of this is seeing it in person, which I do every day because I own the original. It hangs in my bedroom so it's the first thing I see every morning and the last thing I see at night.

Mad Props to Jason Mecier!

 
At 8/30/2007 12:00:00 AM, Anonymous CreditArtist said...

ruth666 you are a lucky person! The colors are nice and the whole thing is very dynamic. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home