A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Preemie-fa-so-la-ti-do


Thanks to my friend Kate, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. It's nine o'clock in the morning, so that's probably par for the course. Kate sent me a link to the work of Camille Allen, a sculptor and dollmaker who lives in British Columbia. For years, she has made artist dolls out of Cernit and Prosculpt polymer clays, and she has recently started to try her hand at miniatures. She turned to her favorite subject: premature babies. Her new dolls range in size from 1 to 8 inches. I don't know why I'm so disturbed by these, but I think it probably has something to do with Anne Geddes.

LINK thanks, Kate!

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger yumiko said...

wow wow wow......('o').....from Japan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home