A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Unicorn Orgy!


I know that I sound like a broken record here, but I am constantly flabbergasted by the EXTREMITY of the humans that I profile and champion on Extreme Craft. Enter Chris Wayan, creator and administrator of The World Dream Bank, which serves as....well perhaps Mr. Wayan can explain it better than I can.

  • It's a personal zine of sorts, meant to be of interest to the few who share my eccentric tastes: the gifted, the battered, psychics, queers, furries, radicals, anorexics, nerds, witches, fantasy & science fiction fans, web-savvy animals, AIs, aliens, and so on. Hi, y'all.
  • The major headings also form a tutorial for dreamworkers. I've tried to cover both basics and advanced topics: from amnesia and nightmares to lucidity and the spiritual issues in dreamwork.
  • It's also meant as an online reference tool for dream researchers, psychologists, parapsychologists, and skeptics about dream ESP.
  • It's also a portfolio of my art.
  • And of my writing.
  • And of my web and graphics work.

That's just scratching the surface. In addition to having lived as a dolphin, unicorn, and straight queer fairy, Mr. Wayan also has a band, as well as countless other obsessions. What caught my attention was his artwork. He has illustrated each of the THOUSANDS of dreams on his site, including some paperclay sculptures. My favorite sculpture is of a UNICORN ORGY! The figures are 8-10" tall, and made of paperclay. As the sculptures evolved, Mr. Wayan added some other randy mythic creatures, and VOILA! This website will keep you busy for ages.
LINK

1 Comments:

At 6/18/2005 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Clifton said...

Oh...my...god.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home