A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"After" Dinner Ware


So I was just bitching about ceramic artists not stepping up to the Extreme Craft...erm....plate (no pun intended) last week. Into my life walks Clark Sorensen, a San Francisco based ceramic and glass artist who has created a lovely FUNCTIONING line of porcelain urinals shaped like flowers (and a token nautilus shell). His current show, "Nature's Call" just came down. It featured three urinals that were actually plumbed and functioning. All urinals supposedly come ready for installation. Priced to move (sorry--I couldn't help that one) at between $450 and $900, they would make a stand-up (I kill me!) addition to any bathroom.
LINK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home