A compendium of craft masquerading as art, art masquerading as craft, and craft extending its middle finger.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

I'm Ghana Get you Sucka!



By now, just about every blog has published a link to a site focusing on coffins from Ghana. I'm no different. My ladyfriend Claire got to visit Ghana last year, and came back with fantastic pictures of a Ghanaian coffin showroom. I'm about to leave for two weeks in Kenya and the Seychelles, where I'm sure I won't be seeing anything as luxe as a Coca-Cola coffin, but a boy can dream, can't he? I guess this photo is proof that all roads lead back to Atlanta...or at least its airport. NPR and the BBC have run pretty great stories on the Ghana coffin phenomenon....so check it out. I also recommend the book "Going
into Darkness: Fantastic Coffins from Africa
". Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home